Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Things People Say

I've never thought of someone with 3 kids as having a lot of kids...but apparently that's what a lot of people think about me. Maybe it's the fact that most people think I'm still in high school, I'm not sure, but for some reason--I get a lot of comments on ALL my kids.

Some of the comments come when I have all 5 (mine and my sisters), but most come even when it's just me and my 3. When we had just Creighton and Addy, people were so friendly and commented on cute the kids are, etc. The comment I used to hear a lot is "awww, now you have a boy and a girl, you can be done!" But, what if I don't want to be?? Obviously we didn't want to be done because now there are 3. Now I keep hearing comments all the time from people about ALL those kids--is there really that much of a difference between 2 and 3? I just wanted to post a couple of my recent "favorites"...

--At the grocery store--"WOW, you have a whole cart full!" (Tyson wasn't even in the cart...)
--I saw one of my old teachers--"Are all of these yours? Wow...well, job security for me, I guess." (I didn't bother to tell her we homeschool)

As I sit and think about what life would be like without one of my kids--I can't imagine not having any one of them. Creighton is my smart and goofy little boy. He's so grown up at times and so little still at other times. I love how even though he's growing up, he will still give me snuggles and hugs a lot!
Addy is my sweet little girl--she's always making me laugh the way she talks like she's 25. She has a crazy vocabulary--using words like realizing and options! I love to take her shopping with me--but don't ever give her a credit card! =)
Tyson is my baby and I know I'm going to have a hard time letting him grow up. Just watching him crawl makes me sniffle a little...can't he just stay little a while longer? He is our serious one, but breaks out of his shell at home with gigantic smiles and a contagious laugh.

What would our lives be without them? I love having ALL these kids in my house! I do love the sound of silence at times, but even more--I love the sound of the giggles, the games, the patter of feet on the floor (I will even miss the clank of the high-heeled dress up shoes someday!), the snuggles, reading books, the smell of a baby, and SO much more! I'm so thankful that God has blessed us with every single one of them!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should hand off a kid or two to the Grendy household. :-)We're CONSTANTLY asked when we're having kids and then asked why we're waiting so long to have them. "You've been married for over a year? You've graduated college? How much longer are you going to wait???" Enjoy all the WildCATs (because they are all VERY enjoyable)!

Tim L. said...

how is it that you find time to blog with ALLLL those kids around...geez!

/end sarcasm