Thursday, May 1, 2008

A little of this...A little of that

Nate is working late today and I've already taken the kids to the library, so I really have nothing else to do and no one to talk to except my blog. Just kidding...but I really do have a free minute to type something because the kids are playing (nicely--yeah!!)--"Superman" (Creighton) and "Supergirl" (Addy) are getting married right now...
Last night was our last D6 for this school year and the kids were really bummed. For those of you who don't know what D6 is--it's the Wednesday night program at our church for the kids. During the first hour--I teach, Nate goes to the parent class and the kids go to their class! Then, during the last 1/2 hour, there is a family worship time (very high-energy, really fun skits, etc.). Each month they have a virtue that they talk about in The Gathering (the ending worship time) and in their classes. Some examples have been knowledge, patience, joy, kindness, etc. It's really a fun time and the children's ministry directors at our church do a GREAT job putting that on every week!!! We love D6 and will miss it this summer... =(
On another note--HAPPY MAY DAY! The kids enjoyed going out today and delivering May baskets to several of our friends. It was an interesting adventure and we got caught at about every house (with 5 kids and a van, it was hard to get away fast!! =)), but the kids had tons of fun delivering them anyway!
On to another subject...Tyson's ear infection (that he had a couple of weeks ago) came back with a vengence this past weekend. So, we had to take him in to Urgent Care to get another (stronger) antibiotic. The first 2 times we gave it to him, he threw it up and then he just wouldn't take it anymore (he let it run out of his mouth every time we gave it to him). So, I called the clinic and on THEIR recommendation, we've had to pucker his cheeks and plug his nose/blow in his face to get him to swallow. Well, I didn't think it would be that hard until I tried it...yikes. I have to do it by myself in the mornings--how are you supposed to hold down an 8 month-old's arms, pucker his cheeks and hold his nose (the breathing in his face wasn't working for me...)??? SO...I laid him down on the floor and straddled him, holding down his hands with my knees. Then I proceeded to pucker his cheeks, squirt in some medicine, throw down the syringe and plug his nose. I had to do that over and over again since I could only squirt in a little at a time. Now, I know you are all thinking--"isn't that child abuse??" I was thinking the same thing while I was doing it, trust me. I think a different medicine may have been a better idea...
Well, that's about all of the "excitement" at our house right now...I'm all talked out now and "Superman" is inviting me to the "Superdog's" (Mocha's) party, so I better sign off...
Thanks for checking in!

No comments: