Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Little Feet

Did I mention in a previous post that I love the little feet running through my house? I have been chanting to myself "I love little feet, I love little feet" since early this afternoon. I went upstairs to lay kids down for naps and when I started to come back downstairs, imagine my suprise (horror) when this is what my white carpet looked like...

I also found Addy trying to clean up her muddy footprints with a washcloth..when I came around the corner she said "Don't worry, Mom, I'm cleaning it up!" Well, that was thoughtful, but what wasn't very thoughtful was that she was still wearing her muddy shoes...*sigh*. So, not only had she come up the stairs one time with muddy shoes on (my kids are never allowed to wear shoes in the house--why DID she have shoes on??), but she went back down the stairs and all through the house again to get a washcloth. She got it wet (yes, there was also mud all over my bathroom), and then went back through the house, and up the WHITE steps to clean it up.
On the positive side...she was thoughtful enough to try to clean it up. Also, I had some Spot Shot on hand (the best carpet cleaner in the world!), so all of the mud cleaned up somewhat easily. I asked her why she was wearing her shoes in the first place and she said "well, because I was going to go back out...I just had to tell you something." So, I asked her what she had to tell me and her response was "I forgot." "I love little feet, I love little feet"...

No comments: