Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Attitude with a Capital "A"!

Addy has been extra tired and extremely crabby the past couple of days...she's just been outright mean and I've been exasperated. I feel like I've had to discipline her a thousand times in the past few days and I'm at my wits end. She's been extra tired--here is a picture of her at supper last night:

So, this morning, I had to discipline her yet again, so I sat down to talk to her and I asked her why she's been so naughty (that's why I didn't receive the 'Mom of the Year' award last year--because of all of the not-so-great things I do like trying to reason with an irrational 4 year-old girl...). Here was the conversation...

M--"Addy, what happened to my sweet little girl?"
A--"I don't know." (full of attitude)
M--"You're usually such a sweet little girl and so happy, why have you been so crabby the past few days?"
A--(using her sweetest, quietest voice)"I guess I just flipped."

I think she has multiple personalities or something...
Anyway, I spent some quality time with her this morning and now she's a little better-hopefully she just needed some Mommy time!! Why did I not think of that 2 days ago...*sigh*...

No comments: