Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Flood and More Coupons

We have had major flooding around here in the past couple of days! Our town and a large town near us were completely flooded yesterday--it was an amazing site. I was planning to go coupon shopping last night, but to get to the stores I had to go way out of the way to get around the flooding. So, it wasn't worth saving money with coupons only to spend the money on gas!! I thought for sure our Wal-mart and Target would be closed because that's where the worst flooding was. I mourned last night over the fact that I probably would not have a Target for a couple of weeks while they got it cleaned up. So, imagine my excitement (pure, pathetic excitement) when I saw that Target AND Wal-Mart were both open for business this morning!!!! Seriously, that was the highlight of my week! There was a guy in his fishing boat beside Wal-Mart, but the store was open!! So, I got to go coupon shopping this morning after all! Here are a couple of flooding pictures...

The guy in his fishing boat by Wal-Mart:

A baseball field in our town:

Our back alley (looking into our neighbors yard):

1 comment:

Redheaded Rampage said...

I would have thought the highlight of your week would have been seeing me two times. I mean come on, one of those times we spent the entire day in pouring down rain, what is not a highlight about that!