Every once in a while I like to make a confession about what things are really like around here. You can see one of my previous confessions here.
My confession today is I don't have it all together (that's not a suprise to most of you I'm sure!). I try so hard to seem like I do especially when we're out in public. With people commenting "wow, you have a whole cart full!" or "wow, I bet you stay busy with three of them!" I really want them to see how "easy" things are.
Well, the kids have different plans, of course. Here are just a few examples from the past month...
1. Let's start with today. It's 10:00 am and two of my three children just got out of bed.
2. I was by myself with all 3 kids and we waited a good half an hour for a guy at the photo printer at Target to print his "Happy New Years" cards. I was ready to tap him on the shoulder and tell him I liked the blue background and he should just go with it, but then he finally started to finish up. By this point, Tyson was tired of sitting in the front of the cart so I had put him in the back to play with his cars. Well, Tyson can't just sit, he has to be climbing, so when I turned to print my pictures, he started to climb out of the cart. There was a mom standing at another machine and she had her good clothes and make-up on (I can only imagine what I was wearing and I certainly was not wearing make-up) with her one kid in her fancy stroller just sitting there nice as can be. The mom said "Ma'am! Your child is about to fall out of the cart!" Her voice was full of shock and I'm sure she was wondering how I could put my child in such danger! I really wanted to say "he's had worse things happen to him!", but I bit my tounge.
3. We had a guy come over to do an energy audit at our house. He asked me if my dryer is gas or electric. I paused (not really knowing...) and said "electric, I think". Creighton turned to the guy and said "she doesn't really know because she never does laundry."
4. This is too much information about me, but it is relevant to the story, so I must tell you--I had to pee in a cup at the doctor last week. So, I quietly took the cup from the nurse and skirted around the "mom, what's that for?" questions the best I could. Then, I left my kids in the hallway while I went into the bathroom. When I came out Creighton says (really loudly) with a disgusted look "IS THAT PEE IN THERE???" I was mortifed and trying to shush him "yes, shhh...don't talk so loudly...shhh...". But, not suprisingly, he goes on to loudly say "WAS THAT HARD TO DO??" All 4 nurses standing in the hallway got a good laugh out of that one. I was so thankful to be the one to provide them with that laugh...really.
Please hear the sarcasm in that last statement.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL too funny!!!! I cracked up & I needed that! We should get together soon!
Post a Comment