Sunday, August 17, 2008

Our Weekend In Pictures

We started our long weekend on Thursday at The Iowa State Fair:


Our Future Farmers...




Awww....


Is there danger in teaching your kids to like something with a $1699.00 price ticket?


On Friday and Saturday, we had a garage sale at our house. I got to hang out with my sister which was the best part and then on top of that we got rid of stuff AND made money! It was great!

Here's Tyson in what my sister so appropriately called "the redneck playpen":


Creighton & Addy did a lemonade stand during the garage sale. We gave them different charities and let them decide which one they wanted to donate the money to. They picked to donate the money to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation in memory of the amazing Jacob Duckworth who passed away from cancer at age 6. They made $27.23 to donate to PCF! When I told them the total Creighton's eyes got really wide and he said "wow...the doctors can really buy a lot with that!"

Here are the kids with their lemonade stand:


I desperately searched for something to keep Tyson entertained during the last part of the garage sale (Nate was working on our siding so he couldn't help!). I thought a rice krispie treat might keep him busy for a while...

"What? Do I have something on my chin?"


If anyone else would like to make a donation to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation, but couldn't make it to the garage sale, let me know! I will wait a few days to mail the check...thanks!

No comments: