Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Week of "Firsts"

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted anything on here...yikes! Time has just been flying by; like it seems to every summer! We have had a lot of "firsts" happen in the past week or two, so I'll tell you about those...

--Tyson stood up by himself for the first time at the pool last week! He's still pretty unsteady and not brave enough to take off walking, but he can go from sitting to standing all by himself now!

--Tyson joined Mocha in her kennel for the first time today (I knew this was bound to happen at some point!!)


--Tyson played in the toilet for the first time (first time of many??)...


--Addy gave her first haircut (sorry, Reagan!)...

--Creighton said his first swear word (he learned it from a kid on his baseball team); he didn't really use it the right way, but I wasn't about to correct him Although I did make him say it about 3 times...I kept saying "what??" Like I didn't hear him right...I think I was just HOPING I didn't hear him right. *SIGH*

--Nate received his first phone call at work from his hysterical wife asking him to call poison control.

--Tyson at his first adult Tylenol. There was a bottle sitting on our bedroom floor and somehow he managed to open it and I think he ate 1/2 tablet at the most.

--I had my first feelings of what it is like to be the parent who let their kid get into and eat adult medication. I will absolutely NO longer be judgemental of anyone whose child gets into medication--I apologize to those I have judged.

--Best of all-Tyson experienced his first 4th of July! We had a great day and TONS of fun with family and friends!!
Here are a few pictures of all the kids...

Cousins waiting for the parade to start:


Spiderman:


Beautiful Butterfly (it was dark before she finally got up the nerve to let a clown paint her face):


Tyson & Mommy watching the fireworks (can you tell he's too tired to care??):


I think it's because I've written it so many times, but does anyone else think first is a weird word?? =)

1 comment:

S said...

Too funny :D I had a really bad parenting day so it was nice to see someone else's kid playing in the toilet and dog cage.

I can't believe he's getting ready to walk!! Wow. We miss so much. He looks so old in those pictures too - way less baby and much more little boy.

See you Saturday!