Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's been awhile...

This week has been a little crazy and I haven't had much time to get on here, so I'm sorry it's been a little while since I last posted! I've been wanting to post about our AWESOME weekend away last weekend!! Nate went to a men's retreat through our church (and he had a wonderful time!), so since he was gone all weekend, I packed up the kids and drove about 3 and 1/2 hours to visit my sister and her family. I was so nervous to take the kids by myself, but we had a wonderful time!! My sister and her husband were such gracious hosts and they and their kids were so fun to spend some quality time with!
Here are some of the "exciting" details of our trip...
The trip up there was rainy and windy. We had to stop about 10 minutes into the trip to fix the DVD players. When we pulled away from the rest stop I was certain there was a truck driver following me. He looked at me at the rest stop!! That must mean he was following me... =) So, on we went (speeding!!) and we stopped again for supper about an hour and a half later. I gave the kids their food in the car so we could keep driving and while I was getting them all set up with their food--I locked the doors (there's the paranoia again...I'm pathetic!!). Well...apparently when you lock the doors with the remote and then start the car, the car alarm goes off!! (Duh...it makes sense, but why didn't I think of that??) So, I'm sitting right in front of the main window at McDonald's with the car alarm going off and not knowing what to do. So, as smart as I am--I pushed the panic button (thinking it was the panic alarm so that button would turn it off). That just made the regular alarm AND the panic alarm go off. *sigh* By this point I am wondering why Nate let me take his three unsuspecting children on this trip by myself...
Well, somehow I got the alarms off and I was kind of committed to the trip by now, so on we went! We had to stop 20 minutes later to feed Tyson, but other than that, the rest of the trip went smoothly.
Here are a few other "exciting" moments from our trip...
--Watching a lifeguard let my nephews dive in the 4 ft. section of the pool at their simming lessons. Needless to say, one kids in their class hit his face on the bottom of the pool...
--Trying to eat lunch at a park only to see that the park was open for hunting. The park ranger told us he would have recommended we wear orange, but we would "probably be ok". (Never mind...we're not hungry...)
--Watching five boys between the ages of 8 and 5 mini golf--especially on the water holes...
--Seeing my 8-month pregnant sister climb a slide at the park--in flipflops! =)
We had many other seriously fun moments--too many to tell about! The kids were all great (even though they were all going on very little sleep!!) and seemed like they had a ton of fun together! Sarah & Mike and the boys--thank you, thank you, thank you for opening your house to us--I'm so glad we came up!
Here a a few pictures from our trip...
The Gang

Creighton & Addy at the Lock and Dam

Cousins

Tyson at the mini-golf course

1 comment:

Tim L. said...

Nice pics! I mostly want ot see if I can get this comment left!