Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LifeLight 2008!

Despite all of the puking (for those of you who didn't figure it out, that car trip described below was ours), we still made it for some of LifeLight this year! Nate and I got to go on Friday night by ourselves and while I didn't enjoy the bands all that much, I enjoyed the time away from the puke! Nate's parents were kind enough to watch all three kids even though two of them were sick (thank you guys!!). We saw what Nate would call great bands on Friday night like Family Force 5, Remedy Drive, and Switchfoot.

On Saturday Nate's cousin got married, so we skipped LifeLight and went to the wedding instead. It was a really nice wedding and we made it through with Tyson only puking a little and blowing out of 2 pairs of pants...
I didn't get a picture of Tyson since he puked on his clothes and I didn't get one of Creighton because he spilled chocolate cake all down the front of his white dress shirt. Lesson learned? Take pictures right after they put their dress clothes on...

Here's a picture of Addy in her beautiful dress she wore to the wedding:


On Sunday, we all got to go to LifeLight together! It was really fun and we got to see some awesome singers/bands such as Casting Crowns, Matthew West, and Natalie Grant!

Creighton made a new friend, Noah, while we were there. Noah is 6 a year-old just like Creighton and they had some pretty funny conversations while getting to know one another! Here are a couple of funny ones that I heard...

Conversation #1:
Noah: This will probably be the only time I ever see you. But we could meet on MySpace and talk some more!
Creighton: Yeah, or Facebook!
(I stopped listening after that because I was laughing and telling Nate what they had said...here's where I picked back up):
Noah (to me): We're going to talk about nasty stuff on Facebook.
Me: Oh, I don't think it's a good idea to talk about nasty stuff (do you know where my mind was going...? I was wondering how a 6 year-old knew about nasty things that could be discussed on Facebook--yikes!! My stomach did a little flip!).
Me: You guys need to talk about nice things.
Creighton: You don't want us to talk about nasty stuff because it would scare you!
Me: No, it wouldn't scare me...it's just not nice to talk about nasty things.
Creighton: It would scare you because we're going to talk about nasty things like insects and spiders!

Phew! Apparently 6 year-olds and I think a lot differently from each other! =)

Conversation #2:
A guy from Casting Crowns was praying and thanking God that he is able to attend church...
Noah: I didn't know rockstars go to church!!
Creighton: I guess they do.
Noah: That guy just said he goes to church and he's a rockstar!
Creighton just shrugged. )
Noah: I guess Jesus rockstars must go to church...

There was plenty more funny moments and it was fun watching them play together and discuss life and LifeLight and their take on the world.

Here are some pictures of the kids from LifeLight:

Addy in the mosh pit with Daddy holding her:


Tyson & Daddy:


Creighton with his souvenirs:


Addy with her souvenirs:

No comments: