We got the opportunity on Friday to go with some friends and swim for free at a hotel! The pool was awesome and the kids (and I!) had SO much fun! We dropped Tyson off at my sister's house, (thanks, Sally!!!) and took Reagan, my niece, with us.
A couple of funny things happened...well, they were funny to me, but possibly scarring to the girls...
#1--Reagan and Addy were jumping in to me and then I was helping them "swim" back to the wall. I don't know what I did, but somehow on our way back to the wall one time, Reagan's head went under. She was so brave, but I could tell she lost a little faith in me! We took a break and then a little bit later the girls wanted to jump in again. Reagan jumped to me and on our way back to the wall she said "please don't drown me like you did one time". =)
#2--I was swimming around with Addy on my back and decided to take her under the rope and into the deep end. As I went under the rope Addy was pulling back on me saying "no, mommy! stop!" I was certain she was just fearful about going in to the deep end, so I said "it's ok, we'll be fine". She kept pulling on me saying "stop!" I just kept reassuring her "it's fine, I won't let you go." This went on for about a minute before I finally turned around and said sternly "we will be..." I stopped mid-sentence because I could see why she was fighting me--the rope was stuck on her neck! I felt so bad...
So, the moral of the story? Never let me take your children (or mine...) swimming.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment